Why I don't like "art reposting" pages?

Hello there, I'm glad to see you here, happy New 2021, and we shall hope that it'll be better than 2020. Now, today's theme is "Why I don't like art reposting pages?" If you have Instagram you've probably seen at least one art reposting page, and if you haven't you'll see what I'm talking about in a minute. 

                                    

:: What are art reposting pages?

Art reposting/Art featuring has been really popular lately. Basically these are pages that download your artwork from your original account and repost it on theirs. They usually tag you to give you "credits", but sometimes they don't, and that is even worse. 

:: How do they gain so much fame?

If you've ever seen an art reposting page, you probably know that they usually have 80K+ followers.
In my opinion they gain fame so fast, just because they are an amazing source of inspiration and daily content for everyone. They repost photos and videos, advertise other pages and products, and gain popularity and money that way, every single day.

:: Why don't I like them?

First of all, they don't always credit the artist, and sometimes they even post artwork as theirs.
Second of all, they gain more followers daily, than some people do yearly, JUST FOR REPOSTING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK. And third of all they get more likes than the artists that originally created what they repost. Because of such a huge audience they very frequently get on everyone's explore page, and reach MORE and MORE and MORE audience. And in my opinion this should stop, you are gaining fame and money based on someone else's hard work. 

:: How can we stop this?

This is my personal opinion, and you don't have to unfollow them just because I do not like them.
But if you want to help to stop this, this is what you can do:

  • unfollow art featuring and art reposting pages
  • follow the artist that they credit and like the original post (not the repost)
  • click "I'm not interested" if such page shows up on your explore
  • spread the word to your friends/followers/audience/family 


This is it for today's post, if you like my content you can check my instagram @anssdraws for art processes and posts, and if you want to see more of my blog posts, I post every Sunday 2pm (CET).
If you have any questions,suggestions,want to share your opinion etc. feel free to comment down below!

See you later! Lyy <33






Comments

Popular on this blog

Prismacolor : The breaking leads?