Prismacolor : The breaking leads?

Hello there, I am back. And let me be honest with y'all, I have missed blogging A LOT. And from now on I will be posting on Sundays + in my free time. Soo every Sunday 2pm CET you can expect an art related post from me, enough chit-chatting let's go!

Prismacolors have gotten worse throughout the time?

I have watched some YouTube videos about this, and the fact that they changed over time. Soo I would say they have changed, but they haven't gotten worse if I am being honest. The formula got softer all at once so that was a huge upgrade, but else than that not really much (just design of the pencil). And they haven't gotten WORSE they've gotten BETTER, if you ask me, but yet that's just my opinion.




The breaking leads?

So I've heard a lot of people saying that their prismacolors' leads break A LOT. And let me tell you, I own a 72 pack for a year already, and I NEVER, NEVER EVER had a prismacolor lead break. So I was wondering : "Wait how the hell do their pencils break and mine don't?" And I came up with some factors that have might of been saving my pencils for so long. So I will tell you what supplies I use and how I store my prismacolors, and hopefully that helps...

How I store my prismacolors?

So basically I just keep them in the original tin box that I keep in my art supplies drawer, so they don't move and/or fall a lot, that probably protects the lead from breaking. 

+ Sharpening 

I think that this does help to reduce lead breaking, I use the prismacolor sharpener and I am pretty happy with it, and I really have no complaints. But you can literally use any sharpener as long as it is sharp enough, and it'll do the job. 

All in all: 

Sooo all in all i think that if the lead breaks sometimes it is probably because your pencil fell down and broke the lead why it was still in wood if you get what I mean, if you have any other idea feel free to share in the comments or DM me on instagram @anssdraws . Love you all, baiii!
 


Comments

Popular on this blog

How to do realistic looking drawing of animal (drawing fur)?