Christmas-ish special: A recipe for chocolate chip cookies

 Hello there! Welcome back to another post on this blog, glad to see you there! So this is unusual topic for my blog because as you know I usually do art related topics, but it's December, Christmas is "soon", and today is St. Nicholas' day (hope I wrote that right), so why don't we make something special today? I've got an easy recipe for you to make some delicious cookies (tried out by myself, and even though I am not really skilled at cooking and baking, they turned out perfectly) soooo let's go!


Time needed to make: about 2 hours (but depends on how long you leave mixture in the fridge).

Quantity: If made in walnut size 13-16 cookies.

You will need:

  • 240 g pastry flour
  • half of teaspoon baking soda
  • half of teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 145 g butter
  • 120 g sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 230 g chocolate (I used dark chocolate, but you can use any one you prefer or like)

Notes:

  • Do not add less sugar even if you use sweeter chocolate, because it is important for the texture
  • Do not skip salt, it brings out the scent of chocolate and you don't event feel the scent of salt
  • Instead of vanilla extract you can use vanilla sugar

Mixing & baking:

  • First mix butter and sugar with mixer. Butter should stay out of the fridge for a bit so the mixing is easier.
  • Add egg, mix it in, and then add baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  • Add vanilla extract and mix in.
  • While mixing add bit by bit flour until you have a nice dough-like texture.
  • Chop chocolate in tiny chunks (size as you like, I recommend at least 7 mm long so that the cookies don't come out too flat).
  • Add chocolate chunks to the mixture and mix in with your hands.
  • Leave the mixture in the fridge for at least one hour.
  • After taking the mixture out of the fridge make walnut sized balls and place in a tray.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes at 180°C.
  • After taking them out of the oven let cool in the fridge for 15-ish minutes and your cookies are ready! 
I really hope you aren't disappointed that I didn't make an art post today, and I hope you enjoyed this recipe! I will see you next Sunday 2 pm CET! Baiiii, lyy ❤

If you have any questions, ideas, suggestions etc. feel free to comment down below 👇

Comments

Popular on this blog

Why I don't like "art reposting" pages?

Prismacolor : The breaking leads?