How to blend prismacolors (premiere)?

 Hello there! Welcome back  to another post on this blog, hope you will enjoy, and let's get started!
So today's theme is how to blend prismacolors! If you find this topic interesting you might also check out my "How to blend graphite" post by clicking here.








Sooo there are a few techniques I wanted to mention today:

1. Layering and blending w/coloured pencils

This is the most simple way of blending them, by layering a colour on top of the other one and just repeatedly doing it over and over again until you're happy with the result.

2. Using tortillions  

I haven't seen anyone use tortillions for blending prismacolors, but this is my personal favorite way, as it blends them, but still gives you the ability to continue layering them afterwards.


3. Using Prismacolor colorless blender

I haven't tried this one out myself, but a lot of people recommend it. I've heard that you can not layer nicely afterwards, so that's bad, but overall it looks pretty decent.

4. Using white prismacolor

This one works REALLY well, but if you do it I recommend using a shade darker than your desired colour, as it will lighten it more and more when you blend. If you are confused, all you have to do is layer a coat of white prismacolor over the other prismacolors that you've already put on the surface untill it blends.

5. Using cheap white colored pencil

By this I mean blending the colors with a white crayola, or white staedler colored pencil. All in all any basic "school" white coloured pencil that has more filler than pigment can work.

--
This would be it, I've been saying "prismacolor" for quite a bit in this post, but I hope you liked it anyways! Have a nice afternoon, and a successful week! Love you so much, baiiii ! <33 

Comments

Popular on this blog

Why I don't like "art reposting" pages?

Prismacolor : The breaking leads?